To win the game, use your bow & foam-tipped arrows to shoot opposing players and targets. Obstacles are set on both sides of the field and teams must work together to eliminate the opposition. At the start of each game, players will rush to the centre of the field to retrieve
arrows and can only hold one arrow at a time. Each game of archery tag can last up to 10 minutes and can range anywhere between 8 to 24 players.
There are 3 ways to win a game:
1. Knock out all five target pieces on the opposing side
2. Disqualify the opposing team by tagging out all of their players
3. Accumulate more points than the opposition when the time limit reaches zero
When a player is hit by an arrow from the opposing side, he/she is tagged out and must stand on the side lines.
The following counts as a hit:
The following does not count as a hit:
Ricochet or rebound shots
Getting shot while inside the safe zone
The Safe Zone consists of a 10-foot area in the middle of the field that separates the arena into
two equal sides. Players may enter this area only to retrieve arrows and can only stay inside for a maximum of 5 seconds. Players are not allowed to shoot other players in the safe zone and no one is allowed to shoot while standing inside the safe zone. No player is allowed to cross beyond the safe zone to reach the opposing side.
If a teammate catches an arrow or shoots out one of the five target pieces, an eliminated player
on your team can re-enter the match. Players must re-enter the match in the order they were
2. NEVER shoot arrows at someone from point-blank range or in the safety zone.
3. NEVER shoot a broken arrow or one without the foam tip.
4. NEVER dry fire the bow (shooting the bow without an arrow).
5. ALWAYS follow the referee’s instructions while inside the arena.
6. ALWAYS keep shoes on.
7. REMOVE any jewellery, watch, and tie your hair back
8. ALWAYS use common sense.